Semenawa Traditional Japanese Style – 25/26 May
With Kirigami & Tenshiko Milano
- We will approach traditional semenawa from a practical and theoretical point of view, understanding the iconic patterns of the style, and the philosophy behind them.
- We will analyse a stemless gote, understanding its structure and historical development.
- The differences with an original Japanese TK will be described both from a technical and philosophical point of view.
- Some iconic patterns will be taught and put in use.
- Both floorwork and simple suspensions will be part of the schedule.
- Each basic pattern will be used to teach a skill that can be carried over and used in several other ties.
- Depending on the level of participants, some basic ties will be variated and transformed into new shapes.
- Variations are didactically skill-oriented, and participants will improve rope and body handling while experimenting with new ties.
- You must be able to make a TK
- You must have some basic experience with suspensions
- You must have good communication and rope
- You must have good rope handling
- Good communication with the rigger
- You have basic experience with suspensions
- Please wear easy-fitting clothes.
What to bring
- 8 to 10 jute ropes of about 8 m. If you do not have these you can purchase them on site. Please indicate this in advance.
- A large towel or mat to rig on. (e.g. 2 x 1 m or better still something bigger).
- Your energy
Teachers Kirigami & Tenshiko Milano
- Kirigami and Tenshiko are a couple both in ropes and in life.
They have been teaching and performing in different European cities since 2012.
- In 2016 they opened School of Rope Milano, where they teach traditional bondage three times a week to local students and foreign visitors.
- Their rope is inspired by the most traditional Japanese style bondage, with an eclectic approach encompassing both private sessioning and photography.
Date & Venue
- 25/26 May 2024
- From 13 to 19h
- Lennik (Just next to Brussels)
- Free parking next to the Corneum Dojo
- Floor heating & Airconditioning
- Water, tea, coffee and fruit are free of charge
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless cancelled due to too few participants). However, we can find someone else interested in your ticket.
- Alcohol, drugs or narcotics are strictly prohibited.